Monday 20 August 2012

LADY@LXG: When Sunscreen Meets Science

A sunscreen that doesn’t need to be reapplied every two hours is born! 

One thing I can’t live without, is a good sunscreen. Whether I am cloistered away writing at my desk or horseback riding on the plains of Mongolia, one beauty product that I will always have on, is my broad spectrum sunblock. 

Unfortunately, a good sunscreen has not so much to do with how high its SPF is, but its efficacy. This is because no matter how high the SPF is, every sunscreen’s effectiveness halves every two hours. This simply means that if you use a sunscreen with an SPF of 60, in two hours it will reduce to SPF 30. In two more hours, that drops down to SPF 15 and so on. In next to no time (unless you reapply) you are left with zero protection. And let's be frank - how many of us actually reapply our sunscreen, especially over our carefully made-up faces? Its just not practical.

This is why - when EHA Clinic, run by Aesthetic Doctor Elias Tam launched its first Japan-made SPF 30 sunscreen with 24hr efficacy, I just had to have it...


The sunscreen is mildly tinted and applies smoothly and is very easily blended. It has no scent and the tint is very subtle and leaves my skin looking clear, fresh and natural. I love using this by itself during the weekends or when I don’t require too much coverage. But if you have good skin, you can skip the foundation or powder and simply go with the sunscreen.

For those skeptics among you, (and I was one of them to be quite honest), lets talk science...

Many of the high SPF sunscreens available on the market today use chemical filters to block UVA rays, but these have been shown to only offer marginal protection. That’s because commonly used UVA filters like avobenzone and Mexoryl, break down quickly and lose effectiveness in the sun unless stabilized. This stabilization process is difficult and few companies have been able to prove that they can do it. Therefore in the past, the best way make sure you were protected throughout the day was to reapply sunscreen often – at least once every two hours. Even if it offered the best UVA protection, it’s efficacy soon disappeared.

EHA’s Sun Shield 24hr has been proven to block both UV-A and UV-B rays by 99%, for a period of 24 hours, with just one application.

The main ingredient used in Sun Shield 24hr to block UV rays is called the "Y titanium particle", a kind of Titanous Oxide coated with silicon. A very thin application of this product (10-15 microns) is all you need to maintain its effect. Stearyl glycyrrhetinate helps prevent inflammation caused by sun burn and snow burn.

Plantal moisturizing ingredients such as Scutellaria baicalensis root extract, Althea extract, Arnica extract, Paeonia suffruticosa root extract, Linden extract, etc., and organic ingredients such as sodium chondroitin sulfate, aspartic acid, glycerin, etc., help maintain good condition of the skin by moisturizing and giving tensity and elasticity to the skin. Oil-based moisturizing ingredients such as natural vitamin E, squalane, etc., help prevent dryness and oxidation of the skin.

EHA Sunshield 24 hr is available at EHA Clinic. 1 Scotts Road. #15-01 Shaw Centre. Singapore 228208. Tel: 6235 3325

EHA Sunshield 24HR is priced at: 
30 Ml bottle $98.00
5 ML travel size tube $38.00
Want to try this sunscreen? EHA is sponsoring three 5ml travel-size sunscreens worth $38 each. 

“Like” this post

“Like” EHA’s FB page

Comment on this blog post and tell me why you would like to try this product

Share this with ALL your friends. Remember, the more you share the greater the chance of winning.

LADY@LXG.

16 comments:

  1. I love to try this sunscreen so that I will not need to apply every feel hours after I perspired. Whenever I blotted away my additional oil secretion, the sunscreen will be wipred off too =( So I do hope this sunscreen really benefits me and us consumers =)

    Winter
    cat86_99@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Applying sunscreen is already an additional step to my daily routine. Re-applying will be like impossible due to busy work schedule.. Hope to win this exceptionally good product from EHA

    Rex Lee
    rexlee10@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to win EHA Sunscreen! This new excellent technology will certainly solve many of our woes! Hope to try out the product first before purchasing the full size product as I have sensitive skin Thanks LXG!

    Anniesay56@gmail.com
    Annie Say

    ReplyDelete
  4. Law Seong Eng
    winterlawyipin@gmail.com

    I hope to win this for my beloved wife as she is always paranoid with applying sunscreen even going out to buy lunch or post a letter. She thinks it is really important to maintain her youth this way. Although I do not really agree with her actions, I still let her do whichever stuff she likes. Hope to win this travel size product so she can bring it along with her when she travels around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winning this sunscreen product would be great to protect my skin from harmful rays! I really think this new type of technology in the product will aid alot of women out there... Please inform me if I win as per below:

    Yipin
    thelittlehouse@live.com

    Thanks LXG! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine
    alwayzhope.kat@gmail.com

    Liked EHA FB page! =) hope to win the sunscreen :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a good sunscreen for men too, as it is mildly tinted, so will not give a whitish look which I had from a few other sunscreens I have tried before. Also, protection for a period of 24 hours with just one application is very attractive for lazy people like me.

    Min Leng

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry, I forgot to add in email address:
    shogento@gmail.com
    Min Leng

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    I would like to try this sunscreen for its long-lasting efficacy. Saves me time and energy, but still keeps my skin protected! I like!

    gethemax[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like how it has a tinted function so that I can skin on my foundation on good skin days! :)

    grcove@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like to try this product because Singapore's weather is getting more horrible and sometimes I can feel the sun rays cutting into my skin and it is not healthy for my skin at all. With this product, I can apply before I leave home and not worry about it losing its effectiveness with time, saves the trouble of reapplying!

    jtanessica@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to try this product as I would get these nasty sunburns when I do not reapply sunscreen, especially when I go to sunny areas like sentosa. I hate it when my skin peels, and I hope to try this to see if it is a solution to sunburnt skin.

    mettaleecixin@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to win this!
    I have sensitive skin and im going to the beach in Phuket for my wedding photoshoot soon.
    I would love to look pretty for the love of my life :D Can you imagine what a terrible disaster it will be if im sunburnt!

    tanqiuyan@hotmail.sg

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a very convenient product as there is no need to reapply throughout the day, and as it is tinted, it is great for ladies who do not enjoy the hassle of applying foundation makeup.
    may
    reunn11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you ALL for taking part in our EHA sunscreen giveaway!

    The winners for this competition are:

    Metta -mettaleecixin@gmail.com
    Annie Say - Anniesay56@gmail.com
    Joyce -tanqiuyan@hotmail.sg

    Please PM me the following details:
    1. Full name
    2. IC number
    3. HP number

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    For those of you who did not win this time, do let us know if you would like to purchase the product and we will ask the sponsor if they will be kind enough to offer our readers a special rate :)

    Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great sunscreen, wish I came upon your giveaway earlier :(

    I bought the travel size to try from the clinic last month, really good product. The sheer coverage makes my skin look wonderful, even without makeup!

    ReplyDelete