Thursday 23 August 2012

WELLNESS@LXG: PEELING AWAY THE LAYERS

As a recently converted/evolved caveman, I am still new to the whole skincare regime that many women and metrosexual men take for granted... So when the good people of Jyunka recently gave me a sample of their Peel Kit with instructions to start having a “peel” done every week to keep my skin in optimal condition -  I was initially at a lost to how to go about using it.

Thankfully, having a partner who used to be an editor for a beauty magazine helps. After promising to share my Peel Kit (yes there is always a price to be paid), she explained that unless I exfoliated my skin weekly, it would lead to a build up of dead skin which would leave my face looking dull and congested. Because the peel would treat my superficial epidermal layer and stimulate regenerative cells, it would leave me looking younger and more attractive. When I still looked a bit confused, she summarized it all by saying that unless I used the peel, I would look like something the cat dragged in, and she would have no choice but to leave me for a metrosexual, So with that kindly cleared up, use the peel I will.  

In my first review of Jyunka’s M+ Fluid, which I use religiously together with my usual skin care products, Keefe, the trainer for Jyunka, applied the Jyunka Peel onto my skin after thoroughly and gentle cleansing it. 
Being a typical guy and only recently having learned that exfoliation is necessary or else your partner leaves you, I was quite nervous about using the peel on myself without an expert to guide me. ( I was recently spoiled rotten by a fantastic therapist during my first ever facial treatment). Luckily, the good lady was at hand and quite roughly (I must add), scrubbed my face clean and rubbed in the peel cream. After four minutes (you can leave on for between 1-5 minutes, but must not exceed five minutes) she very roughly cleaned it with cotton pads soaked in the Epidermal Lotion and then sent me off to wash my face.

During the peel, my skin felt a slight biting sensation which was very bearable and far less traumatic than the good lady’s rough facial cleansing (how I yearned for the gentle hands of the therapists at Phoenix La Beaute). After the peel was cleaned away and my skin neutralized, my face immediately looked clearer, lighter and matte but not dry. I was in fact rather pleased. 

The Peel Kit is very simple to use and shows immediate results. I would recommend using it before an important date or meeting, as your skin will look refreshed and brighter. 

If you have PIGMENTED SKIN - Apply the peel on spot locations three times a week. 
If you suffer from congested skin and and have BLACK HEADS - Apply it for three consecutive days on the problem area, after which you can apply it one to two times weekly.
If you have DULL SKIN  - Apply the peel on your whole face weekly (avoiding the eye area and lips).

The Jyunka Epidermal Peel Kit retails at SGD119 and is available at Phoenix La Beaute at Palais Renaissance #B1-07. Tel. 6733 4556.

OF COURSE I DON'T EXPECT YOU TO JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!

Jyunka has kindly sponsored an Epidermal Peel Kit, for one lucky reader worth SGD119.

To take part in this giveaway:

1. 'Like' this post and tell me why you want to try this product
2. 'Like' Jyunka's Facebook page
3. Share, share and share this post. The more shares, the greater your chances of winning!
4. Good luck! 

12 comments:

  1. I am currently using the Jyunka Epidermal Peel. This is the first time I am using a DIY peel and I love it. Its so simple to use and my skin looks wonderful after! Wouldn't mind winning another box, after all you can never have enough of this ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KF, it sounds like you are a Jyunka fan, So am I!

      Good luck, and yes I do agree, one can never have too many Peel Kits ;)

      Delete
  2. CAT86_99@HOTMAIL.COM
    Winter Law

    I want to try for myself to see if this product really works wonder. I have not try any peeling products before and my skin is not in a good consition these days. Really hope to get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. rexlee10@hotmail.com
    Rex Lee

    I am already in the age-ing zone and have not tried any products like this and would like to start a skincare routine. Hope to see some effect and lessen some wrinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. winterlawyipin@gmail.com
    Law Seong Eng

    Want to win this so that I can give it to my wife as a monthsary gift. She has been complaining of pigmentation, wrinkles and getting old..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie say
    anniesay56@gmail.com

    Winning this item would be of such a great help to me as I am not financially able to afford luxury brands. And not much time available to apply skin care products daily and religiously, I hope to find a product which can solve my problems and at the same time will not be taking too much time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the privilege to try this product and its AWESOME! Sure hope i could win this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I just used this peel today again :) its helped my uneven skin tone greatly!
    Good luck guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is never to late to start maintain my skin as I'm busy mum with tight budget. I hope I able to win this product to rescue my dull, uneven skin tone, black head and pigmented skin. Thank you for the lovely giveaway.

    Name : Jess Koh
    email : jesskoh@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in my mid-twenties but my skin looks like one of the teenager, terribly congested and filled up little bumps. My chin and forehead are filled with red pimples with white heads all over face and my nose is an awful sight of black heads. Recently, I noticed that some dark spots have sprout out on my left brow are and taking its territory on my cheeks too and I would be thankful to be that lucky reader to experience the Jyunka Epidermal Peel Kit to treat my woes.

    Thanks :)
    Mabel Chan
    xinsing87@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have congested blackheads/whiteheads around my cheek areas & T-zone... Facials does not seems helpful to me at all. I have to use the pore pack every 2 days. ):
    My skin problem is giving me too much stress. I have dull skin too which is a MEH! ):
    Kinda tedious. Long wanted to try on DIY peel thus I did some googling and tadah! I was linked to this website with great Jyunka products.

    I would really wish to have the chance to try on this peel to solve my problem.

    Thanks
    her.silver.star@gmail.com (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lucky winner for this great product is HER.SILVER.STAR@GMAIL.COM. Congratulations to you and please PM us your full name, IC number and HP number so we can send your collection letter to you.

    Thank you ALL for taking part and we wish we could reward you all.


    ReplyDelete