Sunday 17 August 2014

LADY@LXG: I ‘heart’ my new Braun Satin-Hair 5 dryer HD 510



I have finally (after more than 30 years) come to realize that there are no bad hair days, just bad hair tools! 

After having existed my entire life on this planet without ever having owned a hair dryer (much to my stylist’s dismay), I was handed a snazzy looking new model from Braun. To this day, I don’t know why Braun chose me of all people to test-drive their new dryer, especially since I hadn’t the foggiest clue as to how to use the thing. I suspect it was my post on Shiseido where I featured a ‘before and after’ photo of my hair, which was when I finally realized that I had spent the past three decades fooling myself that my hair looked awesome from every angle.



So after admiring my sleek new Braun Satin-Hair 5 dryer HD 510 for a few days, I decided to visit my stylist who promptly dropped to his knees and thanked the heavens for this blessing (I honestly don’t know why I stick with him, what with all his overly dramatic gestures and sarcasm) and promptly gave me a “hair drying for dummies” tutorial.

Its been a month and I have dried my hair almost daily (if I am not leaving the confines of my house I just let it drip dry). The beautiful thing is so easy to use. It is lightweight, not too hot, has a funky green light that releases ions and keeps my hair shiny and pretty - and best of all, my hair actually looks groomed and sleek and does not turn up on one side and inwards on the other.

I seriously love my Braun Satin-Hair 5 dryer HD 510. If I had more space in my house, I would build a display case for it and admire it upon waking every day. At the moment, I store it in it’s nice box in my cupboard together with my Ferragamo bag. 

I am big enough to admit that I was an idiot to not get a hair dryer sooner. But more importantly, I think its important to get the right dryer, as opposed to any old model you see in the store.

I love my Braun Satin-Hair 5 dryer HD 510, not just because its so sexy, sleek and black and has a funky green ion light, but also because;
Unlike other heat stylers which increase the risk of static build up, my new Braun Satin-Hair 5 dryer HD 510 helps eliminate this effect. It’s unique ion technology (the funky green light) acts like a natural moisturizer during drying, taming frizz and static and leaving one’s hair gorgeously shiny and smooth. Because every individual hair is unique, the Satin-Hair 5 dryer has 3 heat and 2 airflow settings that can be adjusted separately to match the needs and requirements of your hair type and styling preferences. The calibrated fan technology distributes the heat evenly so that your hair gets dried efficiently without drying out.  

The Cold Shot function (which I have yet to use) allows you to cool your hair and set your style in place. The cold shot also protects, preventing the heat from remaining in your hair longer than necessary. The heat may go, but the style will last longer.  
Hair_dryer_Braun_ion technology
If you are looking for an awesome hair dryer, you have to get yourself the Braun Satin-Hair 5 dryer HD 510 which retails at just $99.

No comments:

Post a Comment