Tuesday 3 July 2012

ME@LXG: A Finger Of Fudge...

It's amazing how something so small and seemingly insignificant can conjure up such happy memories...

Idling down the supermarket aisles today, I was thrilled to find a shelf full of Cadbury's Fudge! I never thought I'd see these little beauties again, well at least not on this side of the Globe...

 

As a schoolkid back in the UK, every morning my mum would diligently pack a finger of Fudge in my lunchbox, next to the apple and the peanut butter sandwiches, and off I would go to school, a happy chap.

I think almost all my mates did the same thing, and we would all sit around swapping our lunch items with each other, but never parting with our precious Cadbury's Fudge.

And here, some thirty years later, and thousands of miles away, I find my old friend once again...

I also remember a rather fun little commercial that used to play quite frequently back in the day:


The sudden appearance of such rare sweet treats in supermarkets here in Singapore has probably got a lot to do with the fast-approaching London Olympics: all things red,white and blue now becoming most fashionable...

Still its amazing how this little choc has got me all misty-eyed for Old Blightey.

Some Gentlemen never truly grow up... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment