Thursday 28 June 2012

WELLNESS@LXG: EHA Gentle Exfoliating Gel

And so the evolution of the human male continues - and the most dramatic changes are happening in the once blurry area of personal hygiene...

Yep, we brush our teeth, we shower and shave, and even squirt on a bit of deodorant. And once upon a time, that was actually enough to see us through the day. In fact any thing more and we would instantly be accused of being overly feminine!

It's not surprising that many men react to new male-oriented lines of skin care products by assuming they're mere marketing ploys aimed at separating self-absorbed men from their money.

But the times, they have a-changed. With the dawn of the Metrosexual, no matter how well you dress, how nice your haircut is, and how healthy you are, if you have skin that is dull and blotchy - then you're not looking your best.

Actually when it comes to skincare, there are a lot of plus points favoring the maintenance of male facial skin over female facial skin... Men have more collagen and elastin fibres (the connective tissue that gives skin its strength and elasticity), and a tighter network of fatty tissue directly under the skin. As a result, men's skin is on average 20% to 30% thicker than women's skin. And thicker skin does a better job of resisting wrinkles...

Hair glands also produce oil, which means men's faces are naturally oilier than women's. The oil traps moisture, which keeps skin hydrated and gives it a plumper and more youthful appearance.

Finally, shaving actually leads to a dramatic exfoliation of outer skin layers, which leads to a more youthful skin appearance. So guys, there is a lot to be grateful for!

However, our skin still requires adequate maintenance, especially for those of us who live in warmer climes.

In my own personal experience there has been nothing subtle in the evolution of my facial care regime... Where once just a bar of soap sat on the shower cubicle shelf, now I've got a facial scrub, a herbal body wash - and the most recent addition: a Gentle Exfoliating Gel by EHA...


Placed there not very subtly by my Better Half, I was instructed to apply the gel after having cleansed and washed my face.

What I initially thought was going to be a useless exercise, turned out to be quite a revelation... EHA's Gentle Exfoliating Gel is a fresh, translucent gel containing Evening Primrose Oil for its anti-oxidant and whitening properties, Algae extract for its moisturizing and whitening properties, and Glycerin for its hydrating properties.

Unlike traditional scrubs, this exfoliating gel is so gentle it can be used even on sensitive skin - as often as two to three times a week - but still effectively removes in-grown hairs, impurities, excess sebum and old keratin.
The natural active ingredients are selected for their effectiveness, and the skin is left clear and toned.

In fact it was scarily surprising to see how much dead keratin was actually removed, appearing as tiny white clumps on the surface of the skin after some gentle scrubbing.

Now that's real deep cleansing in action!

I've also found that this treatment sets up the face nicely for a good smooth shave afterwards.

So what can I say? Except admit that I am a self-confessed Metrosexual. I don't know if that was the direction in which the human male was supposed to evolve - but its definitely keeping the females of the species happy!



LXG’S WEEKLY GIVEAWAYS!
(Open to Singapore readers only, I’m afraid)

With much thanks to EHA Look Good Feel Great Clinic, we have one very exclusive 50ml bottle of EHA Gentle Exfoliating Gel, worth S$68.00 up for grabs! Winners will be selected on Wednesday 4th July.

To take part:
- Tell us why you would like to win this product
- Share with your friends on FB, Google+ etc
- “Like” EHA’s FB page

6 comments:

  1. I wish to win this EHA Gentle Exfoliating Gel to remove my dead skin from my sensitive face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheryl for your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish this EHA Gentle Exfoliating Gel can give me a radiant skin tone, and my moisturiser can then be absorbed better as no dead skin cells blocking its absorption.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my name does not seem to appear in my comment... is it too late to add in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please send your details to our email address: thelxgers@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Hmmm, i will confess here that I am using my husbands facial wash. Haha! Why? I have a very oily face for a woman.

    I would live to win this and share to my husband ;)

    FB Name: Lapuz Wilma

    ReplyDelete