Tuesday 12 June 2012

WELLNESS@LXG: KNEIPP WARMING MASSAGE OIL

In this day and age, you can't avoid becoming part of the Rat Race. You can choose to be a willing participant or not - but either way, you're in it for the long run...

Unfortunately a 5-day-a-week, 9-to-5 schedule is going to eventually lead to wear and tear in some form or another - no matter how well you look after yourself.

So now and again, its nice for even the most resilient of us to take a break and impart some care and attention to our weary muscles and bones...

There's no shame these days in borrowing a page or two out of our better-half's books and using the odd therapeutic remedy to ease the discomfort brought on by stress and fatigue.

Okay so most of us reach for the good old Medicated Balm to bring about some relief. But even the most effective balm is hardly a delight to the senses - watering the eyes, overpowering the nose and often leaving behind a greasy slick on the skin. And all thoughts of hot dates and romantic evenings out will be shattered as long as you are wandering around reeking like a chemical factory.

Which is why I am suggesting this very effective Warming Massage Oil from Kneipp...     

...Warming Massage Oil with Arnica and Ginger to be exact. Fortified with the active ingredients of the Arnica Blossom, Ginger and Almond Oil, the oil provides a warming and moisturizing sensation: Ginger creates warming and soothing effects on the skin; and Almond Oil, known for its high content of Essential Fatty Acids and Vitamin E, helps regulate the skin's natural hydration.

But the special ingredient here is Arnica - a flower with some surprisingly potent effects. Arnica montana, found on mountainsides at 2,500-5,000 feet, has been revered for centuries for its miraculous benefits on sprains, bruises and wounds. In fact Kneipp's founder, Sebastian Kneipp held the plant in very high regard, often stating that, “Gold could not buy Arnica…”

After having recently used the massage oil during a long overseas flight, I can now appreciate the rich praise. I always have problems on long-haul flights - plane seats and foot-rests were never designed for anyone over 6ft in height, and after the 6 hour mark, I invariably begin to wish I could cut my damn legs off...

But this time a little birdy told me to use the oil on my legs - so just before I started getting restless on the plane, I rubbed a palm-full on my feet, forelegs and knee joints. The oil spreads and absorbs easily - and there's no residue left on the skin. The fragrance of ginger is pleasant and there is actually a warming sensation that quickly takes effect.

So the Warming Massage Oil actually does what it says on the container; I wouldn't give it a thumbs-up if it didn't.  My legs felt like they had been treated to a soothing massage, and the rest of my flight was stress-free.

Of course if you're more athletic than me and work out regularly or indulge in sports, then this Arnica-based concoction can really be put to work in an intensive, post-exercise massage - easing sore muscles, joints and ligaments.

But don't just take my word for it...

KNEIPP GIVEWAYS:

For all our readers in Singapore, I've got 3 top prizes worth $58.80 each comprising of a Set of Warming Massage Oil with Arnica and Ginger and Warming Foot Balm with Cardamom and Ginger from those nice people at Kneipp.  

All you've got to do, is to Like the Kneipp Facebook Page, and then tell us here at the LXG, why you feel you deserve one of these Oil and Balm Sets. 

Our Winners will be announced on the 19th June. But even if you're not one of our winners, we will also have 10 consolation prizes worth $20 each, up for grabs.

Good Health!
Mr. C.
 

4 comments:

  1. I would love to be a winner of this Warming Massage Oil with Arnica and Ginger and Warming Foot Balm with Cardamom and Ginger. I am only 29 years old but the pain that was given of the stress of my daily work and routine is sometimes unbearable. I have tried many creams and gels but only temporary soothness was only done by those, now I want to try this product and see and proved for myself all the reviews I had read.

    Hope I will be lucky enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear AanW,

      Thanks for your great response!
      Look out for our announcement on the 19th to see if you are among our winners!

      LXG.

      Delete
  2. I am currently in midst of my final examination period, damn stress, sit 24-7 for the past week to prepare myself for it. My shoulder is experiencing sharp sour pain constantly and this affects my performance. Would really love to win the Warming Massage Oil to ease my sore muscles. And as a heel-lover, the Warming Massage Oil will definitely gave me no further reason to not wear heels anymore. I wish I can win both products to give my skin some pampering it deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KNEIPP GIVEAWAY/CONTEST CLOSED

    The entries are all in and being read right now by all of us at LXG!

    Thank you all who took part and showed such interest! The Kneipp Giveaway was the first such contest held here at LXG, and we are so pleased with the response that we will be holding another competition next week - so look out for that.

    Meanwhile, we will be choosing our winners and we will be contacting them individually in the next couple of days. An official list of winners will be announced both here and on the LXGers blog.

    Thanks again folks!

    ReplyDelete